Even though the new year has already begun, there is still time to set goals for yourself. Although most people weren’t able to achieve all of their goals for 2020, there was a sense of renewal and second chances that came when 2021 arrived. Learn the best goals to pursue for 2021.
Set Firmer Boundaries
Boundaries are something many people, especially women, struggle with. Boundaries are meant to protect yourself from overloading on tasks, emotional or mental stress, or anything else that may overwhelm you. Check out these small, obtainable changes you can make this year to help make your boundaries firmer:
- Say “no” to extra tasks when you are already at capacity.
- Help yourself first. Finish what you outlined for yourself for the day before considering helping others with their daily tasks. This could be at work or at home.
- Ask for help when you need it, and forgive yourself if you have an unproductive day.
- Be honest with people when they ask too much of you, so they learn your capacity.
Make Your Space Productive and Calming
Your space should be your sanctuary. Whether your space is a bedroom, an entire house, or even half of a dorm room, you should take ownership of it and make it a relaxing space. When you’re in your space, it should reflect what you want your mind to feel like.
Look for ways to change the look of your room to reflect calmness, organization, and less clutter. Explore some ways to revamp your space, including:
- Keep clutter out of sight by organizing in bins or drawers.
- Get rid of items you don’t use or don’t like.
- Paint your space a color that brings you joy and calmness.
- Reorganize your furniture for a more conducive set up to fit your needs.
Focus on Positivity
Mind over matter is a saying you’ve probably heard before. Leading your days with a positive attitude and cheery outlook isn’t easy, but it does have a lasting effect. Check out some ways you can add a little positivity into your days:
- Write down three things you’re grateful for right when you wake up in the morning.
- When you catch yourself dreading something or thinking negatively, acknowledge the feeling and think of one positive thing associated with the dreaded task.
- Keep a list of the things that made you happy throughout the day, or write down three positive things that happened in your day before bed.
Self-care and personal wellness are vital. Be sure to make personal growth a goal for yourself this year, no matter what that looks like to you.