Katie ordered a custom bullet-journal-inspired planner for Grace to be a grief journal. Grace’s planner is a Leuchtturm1917 A5 Dotted Hardcover in Emerald. I used many different colors when making this notebook. Further, the layouts involved include quote pages, Bible verse pages, quarterly habit trackers, prayer pages, and grief and gratitude pages. Here you can read more about Grace’s planner and learn some about grief.
What Is Grief?
This is a grief journal, but what exactly is grief? Well, according to Wikipedia, grief is ” multifaceted response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or something that has died, to which a bond or affection was formed.” Generally, this refers to a loss by death, but can actually refer to any loss. This particular notebook was created for a death-loss but could be modified to any kind of loss. Let’s jump into the notebook!
Here you can learn more about the layouts for Grace’s custom planner.
Watercolor Title Page
Grace’s title layout is a red, pink, orange, and yellow watercolor title page. For the header, “Grace” is in a calligraphy font. Then, below the header is a little decorative swirl.
Quarterly Habit Tracking
The habit tracker for this notebook includes ten habits for four months at a time. There are four in the notebook spread out throughout evenly. The habits being tracked are in teal print lettering and the main header is brush lettered.
Quote & Scripture Pages
Quotes and Scripture pages appear throughout the notebook and are generally paired with a journaling prompt or journaling prompt page. The quotes and scriptures vary as well as the tools used to decorate the page. Some examples include washi tape, watercolor paint, photos, etc. Below are the pages that feature only a quote or scripture. The remainder of these pages can be viewed in the Journaling Prompts section below. Regardless of the style and set up of these pages, the focus and theme throughout is grief and healing.
- I believe in you.
- My flesh and my heart may fail but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
- The world is too big to stay in one place and life is too short to do just one thing.
- Do what they think you can’t do.
- I am in alignment with my purpose.
- You won’t ever be your old self again…
- You are growing into a ‘new self’ a new self that is born out of that grief.
- Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe.
- Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
- Every Moment by Joy William. We laughed out loud till we cried | and the tears were sweet | midnight melted to morning | a moment faded to memory | all these days just slip away through our fingers | so, don’t let go | hold on to every moment | always know | hold on to every moment that you can | we move on with no regrets to our destiny | held by the hands of the father | we share his love and he leads us through | all these days | ’cause they slip away through our fingers | so | so don’t let go | hold on to every moment | always know | hold on to every moment that you can.
- You saw me take my first breath and saw you take your last.
- When you can’t find the sunshine be the sunshine.
- I am okay.
- Sometimes we just need some time in a beautiful place to clean our head.
- Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you, and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 28-30
- You’ll find this as you grieve: some days you’ll have the strength to dive deep and Jesus will meet you there. other days you’ll barely manage a nudge in his direction – and he’ll meet you there too. His grace is being enough for both.
- Your mistakes don’t define you.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to god. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ. Philippians 4: 6-7
- Find joy in the journey.
- Don’t think about what might go wrong, think about what might go right.
- it’s okay to stop and just be.
- Her absence is like the sky, spread over everything.
- Find your tribe, love them hard.
- Relax, Refresh, Reconnect.
- Sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you did today was breathe.
- One day at a time.
Journal Prompts include grief and general self-care related prompts to help Grace journal about various topics. I have included nearly all the different prompts. Further, these prompt pages are generally paired with quotes or scripture pages as well which are also focused on grief and healing.
- I find comfort in…
- Two moments I will never forget are…
- Today I enjoyed…
- If my body could talk, it would say…
- I feel energized when…
- I am happiest when…
- Today was good because…
- I feel safe when…
- Today I…
- A memory that makes me smile…
- My best qualities are…
- Today I smiled because…
- I wish I had told you…
- I can depend on…
- Today I feel…
- The hardest part is…
- My goal for this week is…
- I am okay because…
- I want to remember…
- I smile because…
- You taught me to…
- When I think about you, I feel…
- When I wake up I…
- If I could change one thing…
- Today I will be…
Prayer and Grief and Gratitude Pages
These prayers and grief and gratitude pages include two specific journaling pages. The first (generally the left page) is for prayers. Then, the second (generally the right page) is for grief and gratitude journaling. These pages make up a majority of this notebook.
- Leuchtturm1917 A5 Dotted Hardcover in Emerald
- Watercolor Paint
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Sakura Pentouch Paint Marker, Silver 0.7mm
- Sharpie Extra Fine Gold
- Sakura Gelly Roll 10, White
- Karin BrushMaker Pro, Black 030
- Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen
- XS, S, F, M, B, 1.5
- Gold 250**, 1,5
- Faber Castell PITT Artist Brush Pen
- Orange Glaze 113***
- Uni Pin Fine Line .1mm Gray
- Tombow Twintone Pens – Pastel
- Washi Tapes
- Knaid Floral Washi Tape Set
- Antner Floral Washi Tape
- 40 Rolls Washi Tape Set
- Dalus Gold Foil Washi Tape
- Ocamo DIY Flower Washi Tape
- Fantasy Starlit Sky Masking Tape
- Savena Washi Tape Set
- Antique Washi Tape Set
- UClever Decorative Washi Tape
- Wonderful Washi Tape Geometric Collection
- Sunshine Washi Tape
- Black Washi Tape
- Metallic Foil Washi Tape
- Potted Plants Washi Tape Set
- Texture Washi Tape
- Similar: Watercolor Succulent Washi Tape
- Similar: Yellow Washi Tape
- Similar: Pale Teal and Pink Washi Tape
- Similar: Red/Colored Washi Tape
- Similar: Purple Floral Washi Tape
- Elephant Washi Tape Animal Washi Tape
- Lendendary Llama Wild & Free Washi Tape
- Bronze Foil Elephant and Geometric Paper Washi Tape
Shop Similar to Grace’s Grief Journal
Want a custom planner for yourself or a loved one? Just click a listing below!
- Victoria’s Dark Blue Custom Planner Plan-with-Me
- Jenny’s Pastel Custom Bullet Journal Inspired Planner
- Libby’s Gray Custom Bullet Journal Inspired Planner
>>Check out other Notebooks HERE<<