Bee and honeycomb layouts are increasingly popular this season. While I did not jump on the trend in my bullet journal, I still wanted to give the theme a feature. Here are 16 bee and honeycomb themed bullet journal layouts.
Fun Bee Facts
- A single bee will produce only about 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- Approximately one-third of the food we eat is the result of honey bee pollination
- In their 6-8 week lifespan, a worker bee will fly the equivalent distance of 1 ½ times the circumference of the Earth.
- Honey bees are the only insect that produces food consumed by humans.
- Though bees have jointed legs, they do not possess anything like a kneecap, and therefore do not have knees.
- There are three types of bees in every hive: a queen, worker bees, and drones.
- Honey bees don’t sleep. Instead, they spend their nights motionless, conserving energy for the next day’s activities.
- Honey is the only foodstuff that contains all of the necessary nutrients to sustain life.
- Beekeeping is said to be the second oldest professions.
- Every species of bee performs their communication dances differently.
- The darker the honey, the greater amount of antioxidant properties it has.
- Bees can be trained to locate buried land mines.
Strawberries by @instantprintable
May must be strawberry season for the addition of these strawberries with these bee cover page. I love this mixture of fruit and this cute little bumble bee. Also, the lettering is phenomenal!
Honey and Peaches by @littleolivebujo
Again, here is a fantastic cross-over! This layout includes not only bees and honey but also some peaches! Because the heading banners are above the planning sections, give the appearance of honey jars.
Honeycombs in May by @bujo.by.lo
This layout is a great example of how to use honeycombs to break up a layout. The honeycombs in this one go down the center varying between a golden yellow and white.
Work Hard Stay Bumble by @blossom_bujo
I love the sporadic nature of this layout. Sprayed randomly throughout the layout are both honeycombs and bees. Additionally, there is a single jar of honey! How cute is this spread!?
This bullet journal spread is a mood tracker I created for a client who purchased a custom bullet journal. It is not as artistic as other bee or honeycomb spreads featured in this article; however, it is still fitting. Each honeycomb can be colored in according to the owner’s mood.
Honeycombs by @bujo.by.lo
This monthly spread is similar to the mood tracker mentioned before. Except, instead of coloring in the honeycombs, each comb represents a day in May. Also, there are some bees that make their appearance!
Honey Bees by @bulletjournal.for.her
Here is another layout that features bees, honeycombs, and honey! I enjoy this two-week spread and its simplicity.
April Bees by @planningmindfully
Bullet journalers can be so creative. The honeycombs in this layout fill the header. Additionally, there are three little bees flying around the page.
Here is another layout I’ve created. I really enjoy this minimal hello september page. The lettering is a very small script and there are a few honeycombs above it.
Hello May by @immortalpaper
The bee paths on this hello May page give the layout the feel of a treasure map. While the layout also features fuzzy-looking honeycombs.
April Weekly by @planningmindfully
This layout is a hangout spot for some cute little bees. Additionally the use of yellow and gold appear to replicate honey. I love this layout!
Honeycombs by @planningmindfully
Here is another monthly layout using honeycombs. Each day of the month is a honeycomb. Additioanlly, there is honey dripping from the combs and there are some bees flying around.
Hello April by @girlbossbujo
These last two layouts feature two more realistic bees than the previous layouts. You can not only see the fur on the bee but also other important details. This makes for a great hello April page.
This bee is not on a hello monthly page but is instead on a quotes page by reequest of a client. Again, you can see the fur and other important details on the bee.
Love these bee and honeycomb bullet journal layouts? Check out our HUGE list of bujo inspiration and ideas.